Active Endpoints has been acquired by Informatica. The news was buried in a press release announcing Informatica's latest cloud-based product, which is dated February 20, 2013. It's not immediately clear when the acquisition happened.
The announcement introduced Informatica Cloud Spring 2013, the latest release of its Informatica Cloud family of cloud-based integration and data management applications. The product delivers:
- A new Informatica Cloud Data Masking service to reduce the risk of data breaches during application development and testing.
- A new Informatica Cloud Extend workflow service for advanced business process creation and management in the cloud.
- Enterprise-class cloud integration security and administration enhancements.
- Expanded cloud contact validation and master data management (MDM) applications.
- New Cloud Connectors and Get it Now Cloud Integration Templates on Informatica Marketplace.
Informatica Cloud Spring 2013 delivers Informatica Cloud Extend, technologies that Informatica obtained through the acquisition of Active Endpoints to deliver workflow capabilities for salesforce.com customers. Available today on the AppExchange, this cloud-based application enables sales, marketing and support professionals to:
- Encapsulate and automate best practices across business processes and human workflows.
- Create and maintain workflows composed of data in Salesforce CRM and other applications in the cloud or on-premise.
- Take advantage of guidance trees, a new programming paradigm for non-programmers, to create and publish business process workflows users can access in Salesforce screens, websites and mobile devices
So departs another new innovative entrant to be swallowed by an acquisitive big boy of the software world.
We automatically stop accepting comments 180 days after a post is published. If you would like to know more about this subject, please contact us and we'll try to help.