WOKINGHAM — Nov. 25, 2013 — Kronos Incorporated now provides employees and managers with a forum to collaborate and build consensus; motivate and recognise employees; and streamline operations within the workforce management platform they rely on every day.
By integrating popular enterprise social networking and collaboration capabilities with its unparalleled workforce management offering, the Kronos® Workforce Central® suite now provides yet another innovative option to help reduce employee turnover and cost, improve productivity, deliver a better customer experience, and recognise employees for their impact on business performance.
Engage and Motivate Employees
According to Aon Hewitt, employee engagement is the leading indicator of company growth after macro-economic conditions. Unfortunately, recent Gallup research found that only 13 percent of employees are engaged worldwide. By tying social collaboration with workforce management, organisations can:
- Empower employees – Give employees more input into their daily tasks and scheduling via activity stream updates or direct communication to individual employees. Managers looking to fill a last-minute shift or tackle difficult scheduling periods can solicit employee feedback to quickly identify replacements and gather employee preferences, ensuring adequate staffing while building an environment where employees feel valued.
- Foster employee connection and sense of belonging – Workforce Central now provides every employee with a social profile to customise the information they want to share with their co-workers.
- Build a culture of collaboration– Cultivate a collaborative culture where employees feel empowered to contribute ideas, share information, and crowdsource for strategic and routine problem solving.
Drive Efficiency and Productivity – Make the most of the collective intelligence within the organisation to build consensus, share best practices, train employees, and efficiently prevent potentially costly disruptions to operations.
- Build consensus – Solve strategic and routine challenges by polling direct reports and co-workers. Quickly see the most popular option for equitable decision making and source new and innovative ideas by making the most of employees’ insight and creativity.
- Replicate best practices – Encourage employees and managers to share best practices and reward employees who consistently help colleagues. The ability to create specific groupings of employees based on duties ensures best practices shared are commonly aligned.
- Rapidly onboard new employees – Provide training information to new hires by sharing documents, images, and videos all within the Workforce Central interface they access every day.
- Solve problems faster – Managers can rapidly address potential disruptions to operations by immediately tapping into direct reports and co-workers to find solutions in real time.
Workforce Alignment – Improve visibility, communication, consistency, and connection across the organisation using the same platform employees already regularly access for one-stop workforce optimisation.
- Improve visibility and communication – Breaking down barriers inherent in today’s forms of communication, including email, Workforce Central creates a social organisation map that illustrates the relationships and roles across a complex and widely dispersed workforce. Managers can quickly tap available resources to address potential workforce disruptions and creatively solve problems.
- Introduce competition– When employees and managers log into Workforce Central, a personalised activity stream will deliver relevant updates based on their position and location within the organization. Managers can introduce elements of competition by making it possible to post competitive statistics including performance data on an individual, team, or location basis.
R “Ray” Wang, principal analyst and CEO, Constellation Research, Inc. comments:”Until now, we’ve largely seen enterprise social networking and gamification techniques applied to innovation programs. Organisations must bring social networking and collaboration into an entirely new realm. Those who do are truly doing something innovative and will stand out in the marketplace."
Sharon K. Nathan, staff scheduling optimisation manager, Northwest Community Healthcare adds: “Our workforce is spread across multiple locations, making it harder to engage, motivate, and tap into their knowledge and ideas. By leveraging these capabilities embedded in Workforce Central, we are able to engage them every time they come to work. We see the enormous potential this offers our organisation as we embrace a workforce that increasingly relies on technology for everything they do.”
Bill Bartow, vice president, global product management, Kronos concludes: “Social networking and collaboration in the workplace will unlock significant value for organisations of all sizes and types. From retail stores to manufacturing plants to healthcare facilities, tapping into the creativity and enthusiasm of employees will improve business performance, lead to better customer service, propel new leadership, and reduce employee churn.”
Kronos social networking and collaboration will be available in December as an optional module on the Workforce Central 7 platform.
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks took place this month in Orlando.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KW2013 on Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organisations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimise compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.co.uk. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
Organisations that are interested in purchasing Kronos products and services should base their decision solely on what is currently available. Unreleased products, services, or functionality referenced in this document and other publicly available materials, including public statements on kronos.com, are not a promise of fulfillment and may not be delivered as promised or at all.