Save the date for the digital gold rush debate
Building on the "Game changers" (Mobility, Cloud, Big Data) prospective framework debated during the
Released: 19th September 2013
Montpellier, France, September 19th - The DigiWorld Summit on 19th-21st November 2013 will focus on “The digital gold mines” and be an opportunity to discuss the sources of value that are energizing the digital markets.
Building on the "Game changers" (Mobility, Cloud, Big Data) prospective framework debated during the last DigiWorld Summit, IDATE’s teams invite you to Montpellier to discuss "The digital gold mines". Key topics include:
- Where will the sources of value be in the digital sectors?
- How can this be profitable?
- Who is the best placed to capture this value?
- What are the opportunities for Europe?
Yves Gassot, CEO of IDATE highlights: "The digital ecosystem is at a crossroads. Some players are witnessing their revenues erode and wondering where the value is. Others are questioning its real contribution to growth. And yet the multifaceted innovation around the Internet and digital technology is revealing rich new gold mines to be exploited!”
For its 35th edition the DigiWorld Summit will gather in Montpellier, from November 19 to 21, with a wealth of top-level international speakers who will share their experience and points of view with more than 1300 participants from 28 countries.
DigiWorld Summit 2013 Program
They will allow the leading players of each market to give an overview of the market for the next decade around the following sessions:
- Smart connectivity
- Video as a service
- Digital malls
- Data monetization
- Digital money
- Spectrum Policy, Act II
- Smart city & digital living
- NGN funding : public/private interplay
- Video cord-cutting: (6th Trans-Atlantic Communication Dialog)
- Future Internet Networks
- Game Summit: 2014, transition or disruption?
DigiWorld Summit 2013 Speakers
The following will take part in the event's Plenary Sessions. Don't miss the opportunity to attend the debates of today's most influent digital players as they give their prospective vision of the digital market in 2025.
- Jacques ATTALI, President, ATTALI & Associés
- Christophe AULNETTE, President, Netgem International
- Vivek BADRINATH, Deputy CEO, Orange
- Alain BENICHOU, CEO France, IBM
- Julien BILLOT, Deputy CEO, Solocal Group
- Mario CAVESTANY, VP Europe Telecommunications Industry, IBM
- Bruno CHAUVAT, Executive Vice President Strategy & Content, Belgacom
- Lee EPTING, VP Media Solutions Center, Europe, Samsung Electronics
- Gregory GAZAGNE, Managing Director Europe, Criteo
- Colin GILES, Executive Vice President, Huawei Consumer Business Group
- Pierre GILOT, Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
- Patricia HORNEBECQ, VP Strategic Accounts, Amdocs
- Olivier HUART, CEO, TDF
- Ludovic LE MOAN, President and CEO, SIGFOX
- Vincent MARTIN, VP Distribution and Business Development, Dailymotion
- Paolo MONTESSORI, CEO & Managing Director, eServGlobal
- Tristan NITOT, Principal Mozilla Evangelist, Mozilla
- Brendan O'BRIEN, Director Global Marketing, Connected Mobile Experiences , Cisco
- Stéphane RICHARD, Chairman and CEO, Orange
- Jean-Ludovic SILICANI, Président, ARCEP
- Randall L. STEPHENSON, Chairman & CEO, AT&T
- Rishad TOBACCOWALA, Chairman, Digitas LBi & Razorfish
- Philippe VALLEE, EVP Telecom Business Unit, Gemalto
- Peter VESCO, SVP Payments, Deutsche Telekom
- Hans VESTBERG, President and CEO, Ericsson
- Mung Ki WOO, Group Executive, Mobile, MasterCard
The full list of speakers for this 35th edition can be found on www.digiworldsummit.com
IDATE creates the DigiWorld Institute
Since 1977, IDATE has been recognized, based on the capabilities of its specialized investigation teams, as a reliable resource for tracking telecom, Internet and media markets. With strong support from its members, represented by nearly 40 major players in the digital economy, the Institute, under the name of DigiWorld, has started a new phase in its development based on three lines of business:
- IDATE Research, an independent observer whose vocation is to provide active surveillance of the digital economy, to collect pertinent data and offer reference analysis on the markets and innovations in the telecommunications, Internet and media markets, through a complete catalogue of reports and monitoring services.
- IDATE Consulting, analysis and consulting capabilities. Our team of economists and engineers has established their credibility and their independence by completing hundreds of research assignments requested each year by the major industry players and public authorities.
- DigiWorld Institute, a European forum open to the world. The DigiWorld Institute showcases all of IDATE's initiatives such as the DigiWorld Summit, the DigiWorld Yearbook and the monthly Clubs established in London, Paris and Brussels. It offers its members the opportunity to participate in collaborative research programmes on the industry's major future problems by mobilising external expert resources and its own teams.
For more information about our activities: www.idate.org