Splunk today announced quarterly results for the period ending 30th June, 2010. For the second quarter of 2010, Splunk experienced year-over-year bookings growth of 76 per cent and added 220 new customers, including 83 outside North America. This brings the company's total count to more than 1,850 customers located in 70 countries. The company also reported significant expansions by existing customers, including the US Army, Macy's, Motricity, and the University of Kansas.
"Splunk 4.1 is driving new levels of operational visibility including business transaction tracing, complex pattern analysis for fraud and real-time web analytics," said Godfrey Sullivan, president and CEO of Splunk. "Our customers are expanding their use of Splunk beyond search and troubleshooting to enterprise-wide deployments that cross application management, IT operations management, security and compliance."
In EMEA, Splunk added The Schweizerische Post, Societa Dolce, Coopservice, Genissys, and SBAB. In the Americas, Splunk added 137 new customers including Autobytel, The City of Phoenix, The Alberta Motor Association, and Skechers. In the federal market, Splunk added 20 new customers, including the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). In Asia-Pacific, key wins included Fairfax Digital, Gen-I New Zealand, the National Policy Agency of Taiwan, Unisuper, and Realestate.com.au of Australia.
Splunk also announced the formation of a Solutions Development team headed by Christina Noren, SVP of solutions and product management, to develop suites and apps designed to extend the value of the real-time Splunk engine. The Solutions Development team will focus on four solution areas: application management, IT infrastructure and operations, security, and compliance. The Solutions Development team launched its first app in Q2, Splunk for WebSphere®.
Key Q2 Accomplishments:
- Announced general availability of Splunk 4.1, which achieved a record number of downloads (more than 35,000)
- Delivered the Splunk for WebSphere App, providing Splunk users a turn-key experience that enables them to quickly gain visibility into WebSphere logs, configurations and performance metrics
- Introduced the Splunk for Cisco Security Solution, including Apps designed to provide additional insights from data generated by Cisco security products
- Announced participation in the Cisco Developer Program and successful interoperability testing by Cisco of the Splunk for Cisco Security Solution
- Hosted 13 SplunkLive Events in eight countries, with more than 1,100 attendees
- Named winner - SC Magazine Awards, EMEA, Best Integrated Security Solution, for the second consecutive year
- Named winner - "Best Places to Work," San Francisco Business Times, for the third straight year
- Named finalist - "Best CEO," San Francisco Business Times - Tech Innovation Awards
- Added 31 new government agencies worldwide, received US Army Certificate of Networthiness (CoN) and submitted Splunk for US Common Criteria (CC) certification
- Splunk is used at more than 300 educational institutions worldwide, new customers in Q2 included the University of Connecticut, Penn State University, the University of California - San Diego and Vanderbilt University
Splunk is software that provides unique visibility across your entire IT infrastructure from one place in real time. Only Splunk enables you to search, report, monitor and analyze all your real-time streaming and historical IT data. Now you can troubleshoot application problems and investigate security incidents in minutes instead of hours or days, monitor to avoid service degradation or outages, deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business insights from your IT data. Over 1,850 enterprises, service providers and government organizations in 70 countries use Splunk to realize new levels of service quality, reduce IT operations costs and mitigate security risks in record time. The world's leading technology providers and over 50 system integrator, value-added reseller and managed service provider partners are driving new business and fueling their offerings with Splunk. Download your own free copy of Splunk today at www.splunk.com/download
© 2010. WebSphere is a registered trademark of the International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), all rights reserved.