Farnborough – Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Ahmad Tea of London, an international tea company, has deployed Infor SCE to manage its 10,000 pallet warehouse in the Emirate of Ras al Khaimah, UAE. The application is expected to help improve productivity by enhancing information accuracy; reducing human error in picking; increasing the speed of operations and cutting time-intensive paperwork.
- Ahmad Tea blends, packs and distributes its own brand of tea to over 70 countries.
- Infor SCE is now successfully deployed across all its warehouse operations within Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority (RAKFTZ), for the receipt of raw materials; picking for production; the receipt of finished goods; and the despatch of containers to customers.
- Ahmad Tea handles approximately 200 pallets per day (inbound and outbound). Data capture needs include ERP item tracking numbers and manufacturing / expiry dates.
- Given the scale of its warehouse operation and the limitations of its existing ERP system, it was clear that a dedicated warehouse management application was required.
- Now with the integration of the ERP and SCE applications Ahmad Tea anticipates a number of benefits including: improved information accuracy, reduced picking errors, increased operational speed and less time spent on administration and paperwork.
- Infor was selected as Ahmad Tea felt it had the best support infrastructure in the UAE. Infor partner Span was chosen as Ahmad also realised the crucial role of first-class local implementation and support for the project.
- Future plans include new applications for generating key documents from SCE, and employing more advanced technologies such as 2D barcoding.
Ahmad Tea Quote
“Our Ras al Khaimah factory is one of the largest tea factories in the region, and we quickly realised that we needed a dedicated warehouse management system to support the smooth running of our operations, and to enable us to maintain the best business processes,” said Dr. Ali Afshar, General Manager, Ahmad Tea UK Ltd. “Infor SCE was not only the clear choice from a functionality perspective but also because of the excellent support Infor has in the region with Span.”
“International businesses such as Ahmad Tea recognise the need for local knowledge and experience in order to get the very best out of any supply chain investment,” said Kamel El-Ghossaini, regional manager, supply chain solutions, Span Group. “Working with vendors such as Infor enables us to deliver world-class technology with local implementation excellence, resulting in faster time to value for our customers.”
“Global supply chains demand that businesses like Ahmad Tea have the strongest processes in place, throughout all areas of their operations,” said Mike Hibbert, channel manager, MENA Infor. “In a rapidly growing region like the Middle East, this is all the more important to embed best practices. To do this, businesses need focused applications that are specialised by industry and that can be integrated to accommodate rapid growth. Combined with the local expertise of Span this is exactly what Infor’s been able to offer Ahmad Tea as they continue to expand in the region.”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Headquartered in Dubai, with regional offices, SPAN Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) is the leading provider of total supply chain solutions to companies operating in the Middle East. SPAN SCS is the regional SCM partner of Infor offering a complete range of consulting and application integration services touching all aspects of the supply network, including planning, logistics, transportation and fleet management, inventory management, warehousing, and order fulfilment down to the store and end-customer levels. Visit www.span-group.com for more details.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
Further information (external website)