Farnborough – August, 2013 – Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Utilidata, a provider of volt and volt-ampere reactive (VAR) optimisation tools for large energy companies, has selected Infor VISUAL. The robust yet flexible ERP system is designed to help facilitate increased operational efficiencies and provide access to a consolidated database, supporting future growth for Providence, RI-based Utilidata. Infor channel partner Baesis, a leading authority on manufacturing solutions in the New England area, helped Utilidata in the selection of Infor VISUAL and will assist in its implementation.
- Utilidata selected Infor VISUAL because of its modern, user friendly interface and ability to manage necessary operations, from quoting and order management to scheduling and billing.
- Infor VISUAL will provide Utilidata’s users with easy access to data, helping to speed day-to-day operations through faster retrieval of accurate, reliable information.
- By managing all financial processes with Infor VISUAL, the company will reduce manual entry requirements for its accounting department and allow employees to focus on more value-add tasks. An enterprise-wide view of spending will enable enhanced drill-down and analysis for improved budgetary decisions.
- Infor VISUAL will deliver real-time insight into projects for greater visibility into progress and incurred costs. Automated workflows and project-based accounting will also enable improved tracking of costing, time and billing on an individual contract basis.
- Infor VISUAL’s advanced materials resource planning and inventory tracking functionality will help Utilidata to more effectively balance supply and demand and optimize materials use.
“Our business has been growing quickly, and can no longer be supported effectively with disparate systems that require manual data entry and too much time to locate critical information,” said Mike Wynne, controller, Utilidata. “Infor VISUAL was the right solution to gain greater insight into our data, significantly improve operational efficiencies, and prepare us for continued growth.”
“Many small to mid-sized manufacturers often rely on error-prone and time-consuming manual processes because of the perception that all ERP systems are expensive and difficult to implement,” said Frank Leonard, president, Baesis. “Infor VISUAL is the right solution for companies like Utilidata, providing robust ERP functionality that is easier to implement and simpler to manage.”
“By incorporating financials, planning and scheduling, project management, and manufacturing execution functionality into a unified solution, Infor VISUAL enables companies like Utilidata to form a more complete view of their operations,” said Mark Humphlett, director of industry and product marketing, ERP, Infor. “With unmatched visibility into processes, inventory and orders, decision-makers can ensure more efficient use of time and resources to help increase profits.”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Utilidata provides Volt/VAR optimization tools to utilities and large energy companies. Using new data extraction and digital processing techniques, Utilidata helps to improve operational decisions, optimize energy efficiencies and create reliable energy savings. For more information, visit www.utilidata.com.
Baesis is an Infor channel partner committed to serving the SMB manufacturing industry across New England and New York. Baesis helps its customers identify ways to increase productivity and profitability by implementing software such as Infor VISUAL. For more information, visit www.baesis.com.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Further information (external website)