This website is being developed with accessibility in mind, whilst not all features will be implemented from day one - we have a structured development plan to address key issues.
All top level navigation links can be accessed through access keys on your keyboard. To use this facility please consult these browser specific instructions:
- Microsoft's Internet Explorer; press [ALT] + access key and then press enter.
- Opera; press [SHIFT] + [ESC] to toggle and then the access key
- Mozilla / Firefox, press [ALT] + access key
- On Apple Macs press [Control] + access key
To view our access keys, please consult the site map.
Logical Form Navigation - tabindexes
Our forms have been developed with a "tabindexing", this quite literally allows you use the [TAB] key to easily move between fields.
All text on our website can be easily resized to make it more easily readable. To increase, or decrease, try the following:
- Internet Explorer 5+: Click View > Text Size and select your preferred size.
- Netscape Navigator 4+5: Click View > Increase Font or Decrease Font.
- Netscape Navigator 6+: Click View > Text Size and select your preferred size.
- Opera 5+: Use the Zoom toolbar to increase or decrease the page enlargement factor.
- Mozilla: Click View > Text Zoom and select your preferred size.
- Firefox: Click View -> Text Size -> Increase, or with your keyboard, press Ctrl-Plus (Windows) or Cmd-Plus (Mac) to enlarge text, or Ctrl-Minus (Windows) or Cmd-Minus (Mac) to reduce it
- Safari (Mac): Click View -> Make text bigger, or with your keyboard, press Cmd+ to enlarge text, or Cmd- to reduce it
- Camino (Mac): Click View -> Bigger Text, or with your keyboard, press Cmd+ to enlarge text, or Cmd- to reduce it
We recognise that our primary design has accesibility issues, mainly with poor contrast between background and foreground colours. It is our intention to release a more accessible template in the near future.
W3C Standards Compliance
To maximise browser interoperability, we continually strive to meet W3C standards for:
- XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- CSS 2.0