This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Electronicdawn Limited.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.it-analysis.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use certain elements of our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by www.it-analysis.com, and when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site or via other means (e.g. telephone orders) and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- you can access the site home page and browse the site without disclosing personal information. We collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us identify things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone; and
- communication and usage data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. We do not collect the content of emails that you have sent or received or keep a record of individual web pages that you have visited;
2. IP Addresses
When someone visits www.it-analysis.com we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not personally identify anyone.
Due to the complexity of this subject, please see our dedicated cookies used and cookies settings page.
4. Where we store your personal data
In addition, if you place your personal information on publicly available parts of our site, this will be accessible to people in countries outside of the EEA. Such countries may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist within the EEA.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, if you choose to do so;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in order to fulfil your order for goods or services;
- to enable us to provide maintenance, engineering or troubleshooting services to you in connection with goods or services supplied to you;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if www.it-analysis.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of www.it-analysis.com, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also change your preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out what information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. If we hold personal information about you we will give you a description of it, tell you why we are holding it and let you have a copy of it.
9. Updating or amending information
If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any personal information, please contact us. We may request that you provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request.
This policy was last updated on 11 March 2012.
IT Analysis Communications Ltd.,
8 Priors Park,
Or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org