Colchester, UK – 23 March 2011 – Granger’s, the environmentally friendly technology-based company specialising in cleaning and waterproofing products, has invested in a new manufacturing system from Access UK. The Derbyshire company has selected Access Supply Chain to streamline its stock management and improve targeted purchasing activity.
Much of its works order processing was carried out manually which was proving inefficient and very time consuming. Nick Holloway, sourcing and purchasing manager at Granger’s, said, “We looked at a number of different providers before settling on Access. The solution just seemed to tick all the boxes for us. It’s an easy to use system with a detailed and comprehensive implementation programme and it has an excellent forecasting module.” Granger’s will be looking to streamline its stock processes by reducing its stock hold, and improving stock availability, and more accurate stock taking. “As a business we’re moving away from an old hand-written paper system and the use of automated works orders will help us achieve this,” continued Nick.
Access Supply Chain is part of a wider plan for Granger’s. “One of the influencing factors in selecting Access was that it supports extensive business growth with great flexibility, which allows additional modules to be added at a later date. Our longer term view is to implement Access Document Manager to again remove unnecessary and time consuming paperwork,” said Nick.
The implementation of the new solution will begin at the end of March, including integration with the firm’s existing systems. “We’ll benefit from improved MRP views, batch manufacturing, and real-time reporting; this new system will really help us with our stock management,” concluded Nick.
Craig Such, Access UK Supply Chain MD, said, “I’m really pleased that Granger’s has selected Access Supply Chain for their manufacturing solution. They join a growing number of mid-market companies who benefit from increased efficiency and access to reliable information by using Access Supply Chain.”
For more information on Access contact Matt Newman on 0845 345 3300 or visit http://www.theaccessgroup.com.
Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on:
- Ends -
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market
- The consulting services are backed by more than 75 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 9 offices in the UK and Ireland
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- Inclusion in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list for mid-market companies (85th)
- Accountancy Age Award 2010 for ‘Software Package of the Year’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘Enterprise Accounting & Finance’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘SME Human Resources & Human Capital Management’
- FrontRange Partner Awards 2010 for ‘CRM Partner of the Year’
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- Construction Computing Awards 2010, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year'
Head of Group PR
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Further information (external website)