AMOSCA’s on-going commitment to the Oracle EPM & BI community continued with its sponsoring of the recent UKOUG APPS13 Conference.
The event was held at the London Brewery on the 14th-16th October 2013 and was attended by over 1000 delegates. APPS13 brought together, for the first time, delegates from the full range of Oracle application communities;
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Hyperion & EPM
- Business Intelligence
- Applications Transformation
The conference programme was rich and varied and offered delegates a wide range of educational and informative sessions. The social evenings provided delegates with the opportunity to network with peers and colleagues and the exhibition hall offered a range of Oracle partner services and products for their consideration.
AMOSCA and its clients delivered a number of well-attended presentations including:
- Support & Maintenance of Hyperion Applications: A presentation by Stuart Lothian and Noel Gorvett explaining the process and best practices required to manage HFM applications.
- Infrastructure: Steve Knowles of AMOSCA hosted a panel discussion with co-presenters Phil Noble and Vinesh Unalkat (Infratects), Chris Lang (First Rand) and Louis van den Berg (Anglo American). The discussion touched on several current areas of interest on this topic, including 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 migration experiences, virtualization concerns and pitfalls, monitoring and OOD migrations. There was an interesting mix of experience from the panel and contributions and questions from the audience, easily filling the 45-minutes allocated!
- Detailed Performance Analysis for Oracle EPM: AMOSCA partner Accelatis presented on their Ascension Suite of performance monitoring and systems optimisation tools designed specifically for the Oracle EPM environment.
- Integrating SAP with Hyperion: Stanley Black & Decker presented their experience of deploying AMOSCA’s EPM FastTrack product preparing SAP data for use in Hyperion EPM.
- What’s New in HFM 18.104.22.168: A presentation by Noel Gorvett overviewing the new functionality in HFM v22.214.171.124 and considerations for planning an upgrade.
- ERPi – Hands On Experience: A presentation by Anita Hawkins from John Lewis Partnership with Peter Wilson Gavin Hogge of AMOSCA detailing the experience of incorporating ERPi into an 126.96.36.199 system with Oracle E-Business as a source and Essbase and HFM as target applications.
The use of Oracle EPM for COREP/FINREP reporting: Michael Grieger presented a solution based on Oracle EPM Hyperion technology and AMOSCA’s Report Authority to deliver an end-to-end solution for COREP/FINREP reporting to the European national banking supervisors.
AMOSCA are an Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) consultancy providing financial and management reporting solutions to businesses worldwide. Specialising in the provision of Oracle Hyperion solutions, AMOSCA are invited members of the Oracle EPM Advisory Boards. AMOSCA has built an impressive reputation for service excellence and outstanding results, working in close partnership with its customers.