Cloud computing is all the rage - it seems that every vendor now has a cloud offering, that every service provider has "cloudified" its platform and that end users are well on the way to fully embracing cloud as a means of gaining access to applications, functions and data. But what is the reality? Just what are large and very large organisations' perceptions of cloud computing - and what does this mean to the future of cloud?
Some of the findings covered in the report:
- The majority perception is that cloud is still at a very early stage of maturity
- Overall, cloud is viewed positively
- Cloud security is seen as a show stopper, or a very high priority, for many - but as solvable by the majority
- Overall, the USA, DCH and Nordics are the most positive regions for cloud
- Telco, utilities and media are the verticals best disposed towards cloud
Cloud computing, while being a topic of hot discussion within the vendor community, does not appear to have resonated completely with end user organisations. The overall view is relatively positive, however, but better education, a more coherent and cohesive approach to messaging from the vendor community and a business-led approach to how cloud can help an organisation is required for cloud to be able to deliver on its promises.
Download Paper (Registered Members Only)
By downloading you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include information regarding use of your personal data.
Register As New Member | Login as Registered Member